Sunday, July 24, 2022

New York State Insider: Statement from New York State Senator Shelley Mayer.

 


Dear Friends,


I hope you are all finding ways to keep cool during this heat wave! Remember to stay hydrated and be sure to check on elderly neighbors and pets. To find a cooling center near you, visit the NYS Department of Health website - https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/weather/cooling/ 


This week, I was pleased to share that one of my sponsored bills, related to preventing human trafficking, was signed into law and to highlight $350,000 in funding for Latino U College Access with my colleagues in the legislature. More information on those announcements is available below. 


Next week, my Youth Advisory Council will hold its second cleanup day in Yonkers. Also, the NYS Department of Labor will hold a Hudson Valley Regional Virtual Career Fair. More information about both of these events is available below.


My thoughts are with the family and friends of Rochester Police Officer Anthony Mazurkiewicz who was killed in the line of duty on Thursday, and Officer Sino Seng as he recovers from his injuries.


As always, if there is anything my office can assist you with, please email me at smayer@nysenate.gov or call (914) 934-5250.


Warm regards,

Shelley B. Mayer
State Senator
37th District

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York State Insider: STATEMENT FROM NYS CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 14, 2024   Statement by New York State Conservative Party Chairman Gerard Kassar on Parent Replacement Act. “The...