Saturday, August 31, 2024

New York State Insider: 2024 Election Desk: New York State Senator Pete Harckham 40th District Democrat: Our Friends in Labor Know Who I’m Fighting For.


I am proud to announce that more labor endorsements for my re-election to the State Senate have rolled in!

 

This week, LiUNA-NY, a collaboration of the New York State Laborers and the Mason Tenders District Council, endorsed my campaign.

 

The Communications Workers of America (CWA) and the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU) endorsed me as well.

 

This follows a strong show of support received earlier from both the North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters and the Westchester/Putnam Building and Construction Trades Council.

 

Our friends in labor know who I’m fighting for.

 

And what I’m fighting for, too: livable, middle-class wages, job creation for everyone and safety standards.

 

They know that keeping New York affordable has been my top prioritywhich is why I helped cut middle-class taxes five times and increased state aid to schools in the 40th Senate District by $210 million to keep property taxes down.

 

I’ve also cut small business taxes, doubled the senior property tax exemption to $50K and delivered over $25 million in grant funding to municipalities, first responders and nonprofits.

 

I’m ready to continue fighting for our middle-class families—but I need your help. 


Thank you.

 

Sincerely,


New York State Senator Democrat Peter Harckham 40th District

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York State Insider: Political AD: RE-Elect New York State Senator Shelley Mayer 37th District.

  In the General Election, Vote to Re-Elect New York State Senator Shelley Mayer in the 37th District, Running on the Democratic and Working...