Saturday, January 22, 2022

New York State Insider: Statement from New York State Senator Shelley Mayer 37th District.

 


Dear Friends,

First and foremost, I offer my deepest condolences to the family of Police Officer Jason Rivera and pray for the recovery of Police Officer Wilbert Mora. My thoughts are with all the officers of the NYPD, who put their lives on the line to protect us, during this terrible and heartbreaking time.   

This week, Governor Kathy Hochul released her proposed NYS budget for fiscal year 2022-2023. It was very positive and reflected the Governor’s continued commitment to fund education, transportation investment, economic regrowth, and other important initiatives. While there is always more that I want to see – particularly for home care and child care – I am extremely pleased by the tone and direction of Governor Hochul’s leadership and willingness to work together for the State.

I continue to push for reform based on our experiences during and after Hurricane Ida. In anticipation of furthering my initiatives on storm recovery and flooding resiliency in the adopted state budget, we have created a survey regarding storm damage, losses, reimbursement, and out-of-pocket expenditures related to Hurricane Ida. Please take a few moments to fill out the form so I am fully informed about the extent of loss suffered.

This Monday, I will be hosting an information session on the Homeowner Assistance Fund with Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, Senator Pete Harckham, and Senator Elijah Reichlin-Melnick. In addition, next Saturday, January 29, my Youth Advisory Council will hold its 2nd Annual Coat & Diaper Drive. More information on both of these events is available below.  

Finally, it is with a heavy heart that I recognize the passing in the last week of the Honorable Reginald LaFayette. LaFayette previously served as Chairman of the Westchester Democratic Committee for over 15 years and was a Commissioner of the Westchester County Board of Elections at the time of his death. I knew Reggie well, and he led with principle, decorum, a profound faith in the institutions of our democracy, and a commitment to fairness and justice.

As always, if there is anything my office can do to assist you, please email me at smayer@nysenate.gov or call (914) 934-5250.

Warm regards,
Shelley B. Mayer
State Senator
37th District


No comments:

Post a Comment

New York State Insider: STATEMENT FROM NYS CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 14, 2024   Statement by New York State Conservative Party Chairman Gerard Kassar on Parent Replacement Act. “The...