Friday, February 18, 2022

New York State Insider: Election Desk 2022: Jumaane Williams Democrat for New York State Governor: NY’s housing crisis: Elections 2022.


My name is Jumaane Williams and I'm running for Governor because I know what's possible for New York.

As the son of working class, Grenadian immigrants, I understand what working families are up against. I've spent my career standing up to the powerful to win new investments and protections for everyday New Yorkers. And I've been fortunate to have the Working Families Party fighting alongside me.

Now we're facing our biggest battle yet. Big real estate is trying to buy this election. So far they've poured almost $5 million into the campaign coffers of our current Governor. That includes max out donations from Trump billionaires like Stephen Ross.

Why are they scared? Because they know that "business as usual" would cease to exist under my administration. That’s right: no more tax breaks for luxury housing, skyrocketing rents, and displacement of our neighbors.

Jumaane Williams Democrat for New York State Governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York State Insider: STATEMENT FROM NYS CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 14, 2024   Statement by New York State Conservative Party Chairman Gerard Kassar on Parent Replacement Act. “The...