Saturday, April 2, 2022

New York State Insider: New York State Senator Pete Harckham 42nd District: Get Things Done, Work for Everybody.


I have a simple guiding principle when it comes to public service: Get things done and work for everybody.

This came to mind when I participated in a groundbreaking ceremony recently for a new adaptive use, ADA accessible playground at Granite Knolls Park in Yorktown that was funded with a $250,000 state grant I was able to secure.

Working with dedicated advocates and local officials, we are seeing this project through!

From the start, I vowed to work with everybody—because our communities are stronger when everyone has an equal opportunity to participate. The Granite Knolls project, one of several ADA playgrounds I have funded so far, is emblematic of my commitment.

So are the two bills that I introduced earlier this year (S.2972 and S.2973) to expand important service-related health benefits for our brave volunteer firefighters statewide.

Our first responders safeguard all of us and deserve our support.

Yes, I will continue to work hard for everybody and get things done!

Thank you!

Sincerely, 

New York State Senator Pete Harckham 42nd District

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York State Insider: 2024 Election Desk: Photo Cap: Ortt/Arena Wing Off in Westchester!

  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 21, 2024   WING-OFF IN WESTCHESTER! Photo Caption:  New York State Senate Minority Leader Robert Ortt (R-L...